Volunteering with Us
Being a Police Support Volunteer means contributing some of your time and skills to help us improve the quality of the service we offer to our communities.
Police Support Volunteer roles assist and enhance the normal day-to-day work undertaken by police officers and police staff.
Opportunities vary from one location to another, depending on local needs. However, typical roles include:
- Assisting Neighbourhood Policing Teams to develop relationships with their communities
- Updating websites
- Undertaking community surveys
- Delivering flyers and newsletters
- General administration
- Assisting with local events
- Dealing with telephone enquiries
- Helping to deal with found, lost or stolen property
- Helping with Watch Schemes
- Assisting with the Police Cadets Programme
We ask that our volunteers have some basic skills
- Basic numeracy
- Basic IT skills
Volunteers should also show a positive and friendly attitude and a willingness to learn.
We are looking for people ages 18 and over from all different backgrounds, with a variety of skills and experiences to assist us.
Volunteers are recruited without regard to gender, disability, race, religion or other aspects of diversity.
Volunteers bring a wide variety of life experiences and skills to the teams that they support and add value to the work of trained staff. Volunteers often have a wealth of knowledge and expertise that can also benefit the wider community.
If you are willing to volunteer 2 to 4 hours of your time per week, or more if able, then please contact us.
As a Volunteer we will offer you
- Support: If you are approved as a volunteer, you will be provided with advice, guidance and support to carry out your activities.
- Training: You will not be expected to undertake tasks that you are unfamiliar with. Appropriate training will be provided, starting with an induction into the organisation.
- Expenses: Volunteers can claim certain travelling and other out of pocket expenses. These will be agreed with you if you are approved as a Police Support Volunteer.