Facebook House Rules
To contribute to the Gwent Police Facebook page you'll need to be aged 13+ and be a registered member of Facebook. Please see Facebook's terms: www.facebook.com/legal/terms
By liking our page and interacting with the Gwent Police page and other fans of the page, you agree to abide by our simple ground rules and guidance:
- Gwent Police is not accountable for the public comments posted on the page and they are solely the expressions and opinions of the contributor and not those of Gwent Police
- Gwent Police requests that users make their comments suitable for users of all ages.
- You should not link to, share or post any obscene, offensive or unlawful material, or any content that harasses or insults Gwent Police Officers, staff or members of the community.
- You should not use our profile for posting spam or adverts.
- Gwent Police retains the right to delete any abusive, racist, sexist, homophobic, inflammatory comments or any comments deemed to be inappropriate without explanation.
- You must not publicly share or post any personally identifiable information about yourself or someone else.
- You must not add comments which could prejudice on-going or future court proceedings
- If you want to discuss something sensitive with us involving you or someone else, please ring 101 or speak to a police officer.
- Gwent Police encourages users to be civil and polite with their comments and support the spirit of the community.
- Nuisance, time wasting or pointless comments/questions to the point of spamming will be removed.
Please note that any posts or comments that violate the above will be deleted and users may be banned without explanation from being able to post to the Gwent Police Facebook wall.
Gwent Police reserves the right to modify or alter these rules at any time.
Facebook should not be used to report crimes. If a crime is currently taking place and you or someone else is in immediate danger call 999. If you want to contact Gwent Police and it is not an emergency please call 101 or email [email protected]
Making a complaint
Gwent Police has clear policy guidelines in place for the public to make a complaint about the force. Our Facebook pages are not the appropriate forum for the public to make a complaint. All complaints should be made through the official channels.
Gwent Police moderates and updates this account Monday to Friday, 09:00 - 17:00hrs. Gwent Police makes no commitment to respond to individual comments or engage in online debates.
Gwent Police is not responsible for the advertising content on Facebook and does not choose which adverts appear on the Gwent Police page.
The Gwent Police Facebook page will not support advertising or promotion via the use of posted links nor for the solicitation of donations or any kind of money raising unless otherwise agreed in advance with Gwent Police.
Lack of Service
Facebook may occasionally be unavailable and we accept no responsibility for lack of service due to Facebook downtime.
Gwent Police content is protected by Crown Copyright.
Unless it is specifically stated that particular material is available for general use then it should not be copied or re-used without the explicit permission of Gwent Police or of other copyright holders where material is used under licence.
The only exceptions are those allowed under copyright law, where material can be used without permission or payment for:
- Research or private study
- Legitimate criticism and review
- Education (so long as it does not involve multiple copies)
- In legal proceedings. This is subject to the material being reproduced accurately and not used in a misleading context.
The Gwent Police crest is registered at The Patent Office as a trademark and should not be copied or re-used without the explicit permission of Gwent Police
Whilst Gwent Police endeavours to ensure that the information on this site is correct, it is provided on an 'as is' basis, without warranties of any kind, and no warranty, express or implied, is given as to accuracy or completeness.
Gwent Police does not accept any liability for any error or omission. Gwent Police shall not be liable for any third party claims or losses of any nature including, but not limited to, loss of profits, direct, indirect, special or consequential damages arising from a third party's use or inability to use this site.
The information on this site does not constitute legal or other professional advice.
Gwent Police accepts no responsibility for the content on any website to which a hypertext link from this site exists. The links are provided 'as is' with no warranty, express or implied, for the information provided within them.