In order to improve the service we provide we have made some changes to the way in which we are structured.
From April 2015, Neighbourhood Policing has been organised into two Local Policing Areas (LPAs) one in the East, covering Newport and Monmouthshire and one in the West covering Caerphilly, Blaenau Gwent and Torfaen.
Superintendent Glyn Fernquest
Chief Inspectors Jo Bull (Neighbourhood Operations)
Matthew Williams (Neighbourhood Support)
Detective Chief Inspector Steve Corcoran (CID)
Superintendent Marc Budden
Chief Inspectors Paul Staniforth (Neighbourhood Operations)
Nick McLain (Neighbourhood Support)
Detective Chief Inspector Leanne Brustad (CID)
Why have we made these changes?
We would like to reassure you that the overall service you receive will be improved. As a result of the changes there are...
- More officers with local knowledge based in the community
- Officers moved from HQ support departments to neighbourhood policing
- More officers working in the areas in which they are needed most
- Neighbourhood Inspectors accountable to the community they serve
- Neighbourhood Support Inspectors based in each Local Policing Area managing incidents as they occur
- Specialist resources available locally, meaning a faster response with a greater understanding of local issues
How do I contact Officers in my area?
Whilst our structure may be changing, the way in which you can contact us remains exactly the same. If you would like to get in touch with us you can do this in the following way:
- Speak to your local officer. Visit www.gwent.police.uk and enter your postcode for contact details
- Visit your local station
- E-mail our contact centre [email protected]
- Call 101 for non-emergencies and 999 for emergencies
- Call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111
How do I find out what's happening in my area?
You can find out more information about what officers are doing in your area through a number of channels:
- Follow us on Social Media....
Find out more about the various officers you may see out and about in your Neighbourhood by clicking on the below links: