We’re appealing for information following two burglaries in Tredegar.
The first incident, (log number 92 3/11/17) took place on Stockton Way at approximately 11.30pm on Thursday 2nd November 2017. During the burglary a watch was stolen.
The second incident, (log number 174 3/11/17) took place on Queen Victoria Street between midnight on Sunday 29th October and 12pm on Friday 3rd November 2017. The property was ransacked and a laptop and tablet was stolen.
If anyone has any information or may have witnessed either of the burglaries, please call 101 quoting the log number or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
Here are a few simple tips to help you protect your home:
• Make sure windows and doors are locked when you leave the house or go to bed.
• Do not leave your windows on the air vent position as this will allow intruders to access the locking points making it easy access.
• Lock your front door even if you are at home and especially if you are in your back garden.
• Don’t leave your car keys in an easy to reach place (for example near to doors and windows) and take them upstairs with you when you got to bed.
• Make sure sheds are locked and don’t leave items of value on display in the garden.
• Never post details about your forthcoming holidays on social media accounts and don’t tag yourself into airports or locations while you are away.