We’re looking for transferee Detective Constable Applicants for a number of roles within Gwent Police. YOU can join us to contribute to a safer Gwent.
Why join Gwent?
Gwent is a great place to live and work. Home of the 2010 Ryder Cup and 2014 NATO Summit, we have a diverse culture made up of a vibrant city centre, coupled with beautiful countryside and really spirited towns all within minutes of each other.
When joining us you can expect a variety of career opportunities and plenty of opportunity for career growth.
We are an equal opportunities employer and want to have a workforce representative of the communities that we serve. We are specifically welcoming applications from candidates who are from under-represented groups to transfer to Gwent.
- Be a current serving Police Officer in a Home Office Force
- Not be subject to any outstanding discipline or integrity issues
- Declare any business interests at the time of applying
- Meet Gwent Police attendance standards
The transferee recruitment process
- Your application is paper sifted to ensure you meet eligibility criteria as above
- You will be invited in for a competency based interview
- Following a successful interview; vetting, medical and fitness checks will be initiated
- You will be required to attend a medical appointment which will be arranged by our Occupational Health department
- Following vetting and medical clearances, you will be posted onto the next available intake
- We will write to your current Force's HR department for a final reference confirming your service dates, vetting and PSD checks, salary details and attendance
- When you start with Gwent Police, you will attend an induction course after which you will start in your role at your relevant posting