Keep up to date with what's happening in Gwent with sign up to Gwent Now
Tackling crime and keeping you and your community safe is a top priority across Gwent and we believe that improving the flow of information between the community and the Police and our partners can make a great impact in the prevention and detection of crime and anti-social behaviour.
Gwent Now is an efficient and effective communication system designed to keep the residents of Gwent informed about the latest crime alerts and crime prevention advice for their communities. The messages can be tailored to individual preferences for both the type of messages you receive and the means of communication, directed through a preferred channel of phone, email or text message. Subscription to the system is FREE OF CHARGE.
Gwent Now also allows you to register multiple locations and interests, not just a home address. This is ideal for those who want to know more about where their children go to school, vulnerable family members who live elsewhere, places to socialise and place of work.
How do I join?
Join the other residents in Gwent and join now! Registering is free, simple and easy . Just go to www.gwentnow.org and click 'Join' on the right hand side. Simply follow the step by step instructions and once you have verified your account, you will be ready to receive messages based on your preferences and locations. The more information you provide will allow us to tailor communications to your specific needs. Please feel assured that your details will be treated in compliance with the requirements of the Data Protection Act 1998 and will not be passed on to any third party organisations and you can unsubscribe at any time.
Why should I join Gwent Now?
• The information you provide is safe, secure and confidential and your details will not be passed on to any commercial organisations.
• This is a free and simple to use alert system, open to all ages and all areas of Gwent.
• This system is designed to help you get the information you want, the way you want it, by phone, text, email or app.
• You can register more than one address to receive updates about, for example, home location and work place.
• You can choose the topics that interest you - from community safety to rural crime.
• Get involved - learn about community groups, events or meetings happening in your area.
• Manage your account online - you can change what information you receive and unsubscribe at any time if required.
How often will I receive messages?
You will only receive messages through your chosen communication channel of voice, email or text message. The amount of messages you receive will be based on your chosen location/s and the amount of activity happening in each of those locations. By having the ability to select your personal preferences on the 'My Interests' page means that you can reduce the amount of messages you receive to only those that you wish to be notified about.
So what are you waiting for? Go to www.gwentnow.org and join Gwent Now, right now!
Please note: It is essential that any responses to appeals, submission of intelligence or reporting of incidents unless otherwise specified in the communication, are reported directly to our Call Handling Team via 101 or 999, in an emergency, Crimestoppers or the necessary agency to ensure the information is passed to the correct Department/Officers, for the incident/information to be prioritised and be dealt with appropriately.