Properties Under Renovation
Are you renovating a home or property? Properties that are under renovation using contain expensive tools, equipment and materials which are usually left overnight and can be very tempting to a criminal.
If you have a property that is vacant or being renovated, here are our tips:
- Ensure all windows and doors are fitted with good quality locks and are secure
- When power is available, secure an intruder alarm and external security lighting
- Mark all tools and equipment with a postcode, house number or company name and insure them
- If you are fitting a boiler, then consider fitting it towards the end of the renovation
- Make sure heavy equipment is secure
If you see anything suspicious around your property, please call Gwent Police on 101, or 999 in an emergency.